You just may be surprised at how many new businesses don’t spend the time it takes to create a brand, which is quite surprising in today’s highly competitive world of business. Every business owner should take advantage of their ability to build their brand, 1. because it tells people who you are, and 2. it allows you a way to define your business, for yourself and for others. And because there’s so much competition nowadays, customers are educating themselves in order to understand what their best options are when it comes to making a purchase online.
So what does all of this mean? It means that you’re going to need to take the time necessary to build your brand so that you can differentiate yourself from the rest of your reselling competition. This includes understanding that today’s online customer is one who tends to do their homework first before contacting a company for more information.
Building a Brand TIPS
Because branding a business has a lot to do with the overall success of a business, it’s essential to understand that the building a brand process may easily take a few weeks, and maybe even a few months depending on your VoIP reselling goals. Since there often tends to be a fine line between not doing enough branding and doing too much, we suggest keeping your overall branding message fairly simple. Another way to think about this is imagine telling someone about your VoIP business for the very first time – are they able to completely understand your overall message?
The following are a few highly beneficial branding tips that can help you build your brand once you decide to become a professional VoIP reseller.
- Define Your Brand. You’re going to need to choose the VoIP products and/or services that you want to offer in your new reselling business before you’re able to define your brand. We can help you do that.
- Your Voice. Choose a voice that you feel will help represent you as a professional reselling company. How do you want to come across to your customers? Friendly? Supportive? Professional? Educational?
- Integrity is Essential. Be completely upfront with both potential and future customers. Be sure to not make any promises that you can’t keep. This tip is especially important because your goal is to create long-term relationships with your customers, and building trust is an essential part to your being able to do this.
- Be Community Oriented. Donate a portion of your profits to a worthy cause in your community. This shows that you’re a business owner who not only cares about the world we live in, you’re being proactive.
- Your Domain Name. Choose a catchy domain name if you can, it helps. And be sure to be original! One of the worst things you can do is to try to copy some of the bigger reselling businesses that are currently reselling VoIP services, as it’s highly likely that you’ll get lost in their brand identity.
- Logo. Choose a simple yet catchy logo that uses no more than four different colors. Adding a catchy tag line is a really great idea.
- Go With the Flow. Sometimes things just happen, so be ready to make some changes by being flexible if something does happen to come up. And don’t forget you can always contact us if you need some reselling advice.
- Listen! Last but not least, listen to your customers. They are who you need to listen to if you want your VoIP reselling business to be successful!
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici/FreeDigitalPhotos.net